The Celiac Support Association (CSA) is a member-based, 501(c)(3) non-profit support organization dedicated to helping individuals with celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis worldwide and their families through information, education and research.
As a non-profit organization, our work relies on the generous contributions of people like you. Your tax-deductible donations may be designated for a particular project (i.e. research, computer equipment/programs, postage) Any monies received, not designated for a particular project, are placed in the general organizational fund. With these monies, the Celiac Support Association is able to:
Why Donate $30 Now & Join the National Celiac Support Association?
- Free 10 minute talk with a CSA dietitian or staff nutritionist about gluten-free lifestyle tips and techniques ($30 value).
- Get one year of e-Lifeline (print is $5 more).
- Get e-reports from our Chief Medical Advisor on digestive enzymes, elafin, probiotics and more.
- Advanced access to CSA's new expert video series this spring including renowned Celiac dietitian Melinda Dennis, MS, RD, LDN.
- Your tax deductible donation keeps our 100+ chapters, Cel-kids groups, kids camps, and food pantries going strong by offsetting heavy insurance costs.
We work to "get the word out" about celiac disease through local chapters and resource units, as well as personal telephone and on-line support given by our national office. (see contact information at the bottom of this page). We produce and disseminate many helpful resources such as our quarterly newsletter, Lifeline and The CSA Gluten-Free Product Listing.
Offer Educational Opportunities
- Educational Conferences - Annual conference is typically held each fall. October is the traditional Celiac Awareness Month. States often hold annual conferences as well.
- Cel-Kids Network - A network of information and education has been set up especially for children. It includes Camp Celiac, a week long gluten-free camp experience exclusively for kids with celiac disease/dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Speakers Bureau - Topical presenters are available upon request for group, club or conference gatherings. Contact the national office for information. (See below.)
Participate in and Support Research
The Celiac Support Association is actively involved in the on-going work of the scientific community to discover how celiac disease is related to other health situations. Through our Peer Review Research Grant Program, we provide for product testing and a variety of celiac-related research activities.
How You Can Help
There are many ways you can support the mission and work of the Celiac Support Association.
Time and Talents
- Donate Now on our website.
- Call toll free, 877-272-4272 to donate using a credit card.
- Text Donations: Send a Text Message to 41444 with the Message: Celiac and hit the "Send" button. Fill out the form on your phone and you're done!
- Download the Donation Form in PDF format and submit it with a check or credit card information.
- Designate CSA on your payroll-giving plan, like The United Way.
- Utilize employer matching gift programs where available.
- Include CSA in your yearly donation plans
Stocks and Bonds
- Download the brochure, Steps For Giving in PDF format for ideas on donating stocks and bonds.
- Include CSA in your estate planning.
If you do not already have the Acrobat Reader® you can download it from this link. With Acrobat Reader® software, you can view and print Adobe PDF files.
Shop online and support the Celiac Support Association at the same time through Amazon, Mission Fish, Network for good, UASflorist, Wellspent, Buy for Charity, and American Medical ID. Or use GoodSearch for your everyday internet searches and support CSA. All you have to do is click on one of the links below and make your purchase, remember to Designate Celiac Support Association as your charity.
Reminder: The Celiac Support Association does not endorse any of the merchandise and is not responsible for third party offers, services or products, making no representation of warranties regarding them. Terms and conditions apply. Celiac Support Association does not have any liability to readers taking up this offer. However, by using these services, you as a consumer and CSA both benefit from the purchases. This is another way that "Celiacs Helping Celiacs" is accomplished.
Successful Previous Donation Projects
Countdown With Keith Olbermann
- Ebay Auction Proceeds Benefit "Celiacs Helping Celiacs."
- $15,099.99 was the final bid by www.goldenpalace.com 0n the Michael Jackson Puppet Theater.
- Friday 5/13/05 pertinent transcript from Countdown with Keith Olbermann broadcast
Bicycle Journey for Celiac Awareness
- Summer 2005 - To follow the bicycle adventures of Regina, from Maine. Keep up with this CSA member's personal journey to spread CELIAC AWARENESS.
2004-2005 Project Gut Reaction
- CSA proudly funded the production of the Public Radio Broadcast bringing AWARENESS to CELIAC DISEASE as "Celiacs Helping Celiacs" Gut Reaction
CSA's Wish List
The following is a list of items or special projects that would be helpful to the mission and work of CSA but are not currently part of our budgeted plans:
- $ 100 for each test food products for gluten-free status
- $2,000 to sponsor a speaker at a CSA Annual Conference
- $10,000 to produce and mail an informational packet to school principals and administrators
- $1,500 for test kitchen equipment
- $5,000 for children's program Cel-Kids Network. Lesson plans
- $1000 per trip offsets Travel Expenses for Speakers Bureau in Advocacy/Awareness Efforts.
- $12,000 To Fund the Toll-Free Help Line.
- $10.000 For Website Enhancement
- $1000 per trip to Educate and Adocate in Washington DC
Thank you for the work that you do. Contact the CSA office with any questions or ideas you may have that may help CSA accomplish its mission and work.
Together we are: Celiacs Helping Celiacs