Development of Therapies for Celiac Disease
March 20-21, 2014
Host Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University, New York
A scientific program designed for those interested in the development of non-dietary therapies for celiac disease.
Presentation Summaries in RED
Celiac disease and refractory celiac disease Govind Bhagat - USA (Moderator)
- Neglected intraepithelial innate lymphocytes in celiac disease pathogenesis Govind Bhagat - USA
- Discussion on the IEL’s changes in disease development.
- The dark side of the moon : managing refractory celiac disease Joseph Murray - USA
- Outlined a well organized protocol for diagnosing refractory celiac disease. First and foremost, find out person really has celiac disease before proceeding. Reported the experience of Olmsartan (blood pressure medicine) can evoke similar symptoms.
- Discovery and development of a new anti IL-15 antibody for type II refractory celiac disease therapy Alain Vicari - Switzerland
- Reported the progress in the development of IL-15 which would be used as a treatment for refractory celiac disease.
- Toleragenic immune modifying nanoparticles for the treatment of celiac disease Daniel Getts - USA
- Described a method to induce tolerance to gluten in those with refractory celiac disease with focus on the nanoparticles.
<< Back to Development of Therapies